Informatics Team Lead
The University of Sydney
Posted 4 October 2022
- 1 x Continuing Full time role
- Senior leadership role within the Sydney Informatics Hub
- SPS-A appointment with a competitive salary package + 17% Super + Leave Loading
The Informatics Team Lead is a senior leadership role in the Sydney Informatics Hub (SIH), a University Core Research Facility serving academics and researchers across all faculties. The Informatics Team Lead will lead the SIH Informatics Team, managing the SIH program for supporting researchers across the University in their data science, software engineering, modelling, simulation, visualisation, bioinformatics, and high-performance computing (HPC) needs.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- report to the Academic Director within the Sydney Informatics Hub and manage 5 direct reports
- provide effective management and leadership to SIH Group Leads and their reports across data science, bioinformatics, software engineering and high-performance research computing
- manage the implementation of the strategic plan, design and development of key objectives and goals for SIH to meet key needs of internal and external stakeholders to the University
- work collaboratively with other parts of Sydney Informatics Hub to build and develop an engineering and entrepreneurial culture in support of data science across the university.
- tertiary education (preferably to PhD level) in a computational area of study
- extensive management and leadership experience within a technology environment
- demonstrated senior stakeholder relationship, group advocacy, and strategic planning skills
- demonstrated understanding of modern data science software and tools, from high performance computing to cloud computing, information systems and data management and analytics tools
- expert knowledge of data-centric programing languages
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident. Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, preferably including links to a GitHub or StackOverflow account, personal blog or some other professional portfolio, any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Nicole Cunningham, Recruitment Operations, on 0449973799 by email to [email protected]
LOCATION: Darlington, Sydney NSW
TYPE: Permanent, Full time
CLOSING DATE: 9th October 2022