IAPA Code of Ethics
An essential characteristic of a profession is the need for its members to abide by a code of conduct. For IAPA, (the Institute) this code is defined as the Code of Professional Conduct. This Code applies to any IAPA member who works in the field of data handling. This Code of Professional Conduct (the Code) identifies five (5) core ethical values and the related requirements for professional conduct.
The Institute requires its members to abide by these values and act with responsibility and integrity in all of their professional dealings.
As an IAPA member, you must uphold and advance the integrity, dignity and helpfulness of being a professional. This entails, in addition to being a good citizen and acting within the law, your conformance to the following IAPA values.
- Trustworthiness: You must be truthful in your representation of skills, knowledge, services and products
- The Primacy of the Public Interest: You must place the interests of the public above those of personal, business or factional interests
- Honesty: You must be honest in your representation of skills, knowledge, services and products
- Competence: You must work to the best of your ability and diligently for your stakeholders
- Professionalism: You must promote the integrity of the Institute and the respect of its members for each other