2017 Skills & Salary Survey Report
07 Feb 2018
The importance of an analytics professional with a breadth of soft and technical skills to an organisation is underlined in the fifth annual IAPA Skills and Salary Survey. Providing new benchmarks and the most complete data points about the state of the industry, the survey outlines the jobs and skills that are most in demand and how the industry is dealing with the issues of disruption and accelerating technological change.
Key themes from the 2017 report include:
- Expert and entry–level salaries are accelerating
- Gender pay gap in analytics is half the Australian average
- Soft skills will get you the job
- Team managers and technical experts get top dollar
- Disruption is common but is disconnecting sectors
- Make time to build innovation
In response to these findings, IAPA has introduced a Business Interaction for Analysts course to help analytics professionals gain and improve their soft skills. The course provides a career boost for those in data and analytics and covers communication, persuasion, influencing and skills to improve interactions with the rest of the business.
Expressions of interest are being taken now for this course with discounted rates for corporate and paid individual members. Click here to express interest for this course.