About the role
The Intelligence Management Function (IMF) is a centralised data and analytics division to support prevention-led and client-centric decision making throughout WorkSafe. WorkSafe identifies data & analytics as a critical enabler of the Strategic Plan as it supports:
- accurately targeting workplaces where the most serious injuries and fatalities are predicted to occur, enabling hazards to be identified and risks controlled before workers are harmed
- optimal outcomes for injured workers by identifying, as early as possible, when an injured worker’s recovery is not going to plan, enabling tailored recovery support to be provided to those most in need
WorkSafe requires an integrated insight and analytics capability to deliver against the outcomes set out in the Strategic Plan, underpinned by a modern data platform. This platform, defined as the Enterprise Data Hub, is now established as a technical foundation for future-state data & analytics and is integrated into WorkSafe’s enterprise architecture.
The Senior Program Manager partners with WSV Executive leaders and Strategic Delivery stakeholders to plan and execute on approved data & analytics deliverables that underpin the Strategic Plan.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Lead the planning and delivery of an integrated roadmap of strategic data & analytics initiatives, in partnership with Executive leaders and Strategic Delivery stakeholders, executing on data & analytics deliverables that underpin the WorkSafe’s Strategic Plan.
- Lead, empower, coach and support a multidisciplinary team within a matrix delivery environment to ensure that planning and scoping decisions are aligned to support delivery of the program in accordance with WorkSafe’s enterprise architecture.
- Negotiate with and influence leaders and executives within key business areas and across Strategic Delivery to ensure that the Enterprise Data Hub is understood and championed.
- Provide leadership, specialist technical advice and guidance to Project Managers and Scrum Masters to support successful program delivery, contributing to fostering a positive and collaborative team culture.
- Provide regular, accurate and well-articulated project reporting to, translating highly technical specialist concepts to non-technical executive committee/s and other stakeholders, in accordance with PMO governance policies.
You have a minimum of 10 years’ experience managing programs within large and complex organisations, combined with proven experience with business intelligence and data platform transformation programs. Additionally, you will possess the following skills and experience:
Additional Skills & Experience
- Proven confidence in verbal communication with the successful ability to deal with people at all levels of an organisation, including liaising with a wide range of diverse stakeholders
- Extensive project lifecycle experience understanding the planning and delivery of projects in their entirety
- High level of written and oral communication skills with excellent attention to detail in written work
- High competency in scheduling & dependency mapping
- Vendor management at all stages of the lifecycle from selection through to delivery and commercial management, including management of vendors engaged in application development, operations and support
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, preferably at a post graduate level
- Accreditation in PRINCE2, PMBOK, Agile or related project methodology disciplines
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11pm, 24 June 2022
TYPE: Full time, 2 year fixed term
SALARY: $167,525 per annum + superannuation
Alison Forbes via email [email protected]