About the role
At WorkSafe we're dedicated to supporting all Victorians to be healthy and safe at work and to recover from any workplace injury or illness as quickly as possible. Our Passion for safety and wellbeing is what unites us.
Our organisation is focussed on the delivery of our Strategy, as we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering value to our people and to Victorian employers, workers and the wider community through continuing to focus on our Customers and putting Prevention First.
If you share our passion, and you are excited by uncovering data driven insights, this may be the opportunity you have been seeking!
This 12 month fixed term opportunity for a Senior Analytics Consultant sits in the Recovery Analytics Team within our Intelligence Management Function (IMF). You will contribute to the delivery of our Strategy through your provision of quantitative analysis, advice and reporting on performance trends, projects and initiatives, and emerging risks and opportunities relating to workplace injury treatment, RTW, long tail claims management, as well getting involved in projects and initiatives to improve injured worker outcomes.
Some key accountabilities will include:
- Taking a leadership role in the production of regular insights from conducting statistical analyses
- Presenting complex analytics and insights in an easy to understand manner
- Provide support and advice to other analysts to ensure our reporting outputs meet our agreed standards.
- Taking a leadership role in analytics projects and initiatives, including; regular management reporting; providing data driven insights and recommendations; performance measurement and program evaluation; development of reports & dashboards; responses to ad hoc requests or statistical information.
- Embedding our data visualisation tools and evolving their use within the team.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role.
You have strong interpersonal skills to support appropriate internal and external networks and relationships and the ability to lead stakeholder engagement activities to collect, identify and articulate stakeholder requirements. You are an experience data and analytics professional, with a demonstrated ability to support other analyst within the team.
Other Skills and experience
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Extensive knowledge of key data sources and core systems
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Programming experience within SAS and/or similar languages (R, Python, SPSS, SQL)
- A strong knowledge of and experience using data visualisation and reporting tools in day-to-day work (e.g. SAS VA, QlikSense) including experience designing, developing and implementing new initiatives
- Advanced statistical, quantitative and/or financial modelling skills combined with a demonstrated capacity to innovate in developing solutions to business challenges.
Tertiary qualification (e.g. Statistics, Business, Computer Science) and relevant experience
Applications close 11:00pm Thursday 3rd February 2022, 2022. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and/or Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Nadia Cardozo via email [email protected].
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
Our goals are to embed in every workplace a proactive, prevention-led approach to health and safety across the state, and to provide a personalised, tailored service for every Victorian who comes into contact with WorkSafe.
Like wearing a seatbelt or putting on sunscreen, "prevention-led" thinking will become automatic every time Victorians step into the workplace.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.