About the role
At WorkSafe we're dedicated to supporting all Victorians to be healthy and safe at work and to recover from any workplace injury or illness as quickly as possible. Our Passion for safety and wellbeing is what unites us.
Our organisation is focussed on the delivery of our Strategy, as we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering value to our people and to Victorian employers, workers and the wider community through continuing to focus on our Customers and putting Prevention First.
Agile and curious, our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. We work closely with employers, workers and the community to prevent workplace injury and illness and to improve outcomes and the client experience. We make WorkSafe.
WorkSafe is embarking on a three year Strategic Plan and set of strategic choices that will deliver outcomes aligned to our purpose in reducing workplace harm and improving outcomes for injured workers.
Data & analytics is a critical enabler of the Strategic Plan as it supports accurately targeting workplaces where the most serious injuries and fatalities are predicted to occur, enabling hazards to be identified and risks controlled before workers are harmed, and optimal outcomes for injured workers by identifying, as early as possible, when an injured worker’s recovery is not going to plan, enabling tailored recovery support to be provided to those most in need.
The Intelligence Management Function (IMF) is a centralised data and analytics division, supporting the Strategic Plan agenda and uplift of data & analytics capabilities at WorkSafe. The Data Governance IMF team, which takes carriage of the Data Management Strategy, supports Strategic Plan delivery through the application of data governance initiatives, frameworks, and policy.
The Data Governance Lead partners with senior WorkSafe stakeholders to drive the implementation of the Data Management Strategy and oversee the future Enterprise Data Governance Operating Model.
- Lead the development and implementation of an enterprise Data Management Strategy and Data Protection Frameworks, incorporating privacy, ethics and data sharing.
- Influence leaders and executives across WorkSafe to ensure that the Data Management Strategy is understood and championed.
- Lead and develop data governance initiatives that drive appropriate data governance controls across all enterprise initiatives and associated business as usual practices.
- Oversee the development of business glossaries and data dictionaries, identifying and supporting agreed definitions of Critical Data Elements (CDE’s) across WorkSafe data domains for ongoing measurement of performance.
- Effective and collaborative partnering with stakeholders to influence the data governance agenda and create a strong data governance culture across the organisation.
Skills and Experience
- Significant experience in direct implementation of data governance or data management strategies
- Ability to influence leaders and incorporate data governance objectives within project lifecycle frameworks in large and complex environments
- High impact, collaborative and engaging style communicator with ability to influence a variety of stakeholders (internal to external), from executives to the frontline
- Ability to influence and align resources, including those from other reporting lines. Able to design programs with consideration of the wider business plans, whilst achieving data governance objectives
- Curious and self-motivated, with a passion for challenging the status quo and driving positive change
Relevant tertiary degree and/or extensive relevant experience in Data or Information Security Governance and Compliance