This position is a key role within the Advanced Analytics team here at WorkSafe. The Data Scientist will be responsible for the provision of specialist, expert analytical advice utilising advanced techniques to develop new ways to address the challenges associated with preventing harm and assisting workers’ to recover from injury or illness.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who has a passion for dissecting issues and providing insights from data to then relay this information to technical and non-technical stakeholders. You will be working closely with other data scientists, analysts and SME’s to deliver insights that drive the performance of our business.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing machine learning algorithms providing insights and intelligence as well as assets that can be deployed into points of decision making
- Providing thought leadership in both using data to solve business problems and in arriving at innovative statistical solutions
- Driving the collection of new data and supporting data analysts in the areas of data curation, feature development and development of interactive dashboards from structured and unstructured data
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to define opportunities and solutions for leveraging data to build predictive assets that deliver business value
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You have the ability to clearly understand business needs and problems and identify the impact of potential solutions. More specifically you have:
- Demonstrated experience with data science analytic tools and ability to write solid code in programming languages such as R, Python
- Proven experience in the full ML lifecycle from discovery and problem formulation to implementation, build, deployment on cloud and ongoing management
- Knowledge of and experience using data visualisation to interpret and effectively communicate insights
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Actuarial or other technical fields)
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 11:00pm Monday 4th October 2021. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Alison Forbes on [email protected]
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.