- Applying a unique perspective on data through many lenses – entrepreneur, beat cop, chief data officer, leader
- Applying data science to predict violence
- Breaking through the bureaucracy to effect change
- Open data – aka herding cats, corralling data and breaking down silos
- Moving beyond transparency
- The future of predictive analytics
- Using predictive modelling techniques for early screening for cognitive health development disorders among children
- The challenges, solutions, insights, and results of our user-facing machine learning solution that screens for autism
- How do you combine predictors based on multiple media inputs - including video and datasets - for hard-to-screen subjects
- How leveraging and embedding data into the DNA of Sportsbet helps overcome challenges and seize opportunities
- Exploring the ‘data story’ superpower to gain support, build partnership, fuel data-driven decision making and create engaging customer experiences
- How data and analytics driven insights:
- Influence and inform key decision makers in the business
- Impact the business
- Create an immersive, engaging experience for our customers
- Putting the superpowers on show with real life use cases of data creating business value
"Get Technical" brings together up to four technology stations in an intimate circuit format where detailed discussion and technical deep-dives are encouraged. Find out more.
- Realising the power and value of combining disparate datasets
- How to deliver a real-time advantage to the business
- Harnessing big data to drive diversification and future forecasting
Learn how AI using Tensorflow was used by carsales.com.au to build Cyclops. A trainable image classification technology based on a Convolution Neural Network model. Cyclops is able to classify if an image contains side of the car, interior front, GPS screen, sunroof, engine, tyre, etc. with 97.2% accuracy. Hear how AI is leading medical research and interventions today and into the future. Finally explore the API options built using open-source Tensorflow for speech, natural language, translation, vision and video analysis.
An interactive interview style format focussed on:
- Rising above the ‘keeping the lights on’ rut
- Getting the organisation excited about analytics
- Using data to ignite creative solutions in customer experience
- Balancing innovation and risk to transform the business
It used to be all that mattered was your kicking, marking and goal tally. Today AFL and other professional sports use big data and analytics to more closely monitor and better manage on-field and off-field performance.
This session reveals the technical inside story of the sports analytics ecosystem, from the technical challenges of data wrangling and the emergence of the Internet of Things (IoT) dataflows, the manipulation of real-time data and then providing the resulting insights with context that can be consumed for instant game-day decision making. Beyond the game, in an Aussie-style ‘moneyball’, the same ecosystem provides insights into injury management, rankings and player market values to guide player selection or identify acquisition targets.
Additionally sporting organisations are now analysing weakness and injury stats and then applying the poses necessary to condition and improve, with an understanding that players are responding on both physical and psychological grounds, this for example has led to the AFL using Yoga as a wellness program code wide. If your business is struggling with data governance how evidence-based decision making can transform, this session will help open up the mind to the possibilities.
Lessons from financial services in overcoming product innovation challenges with big data, how to harness the data streams and create real benefits to customers and the bottom line.
With each new advancement comes new data to analyse and new opportunities.
- Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. To do that we are constantly creating new products to enable people to communicate
- Many of these products create new sources of data, often unstructured
- This data provides us both a challenge to understand and an opportunity to use. Often with unexpected benefits along the way
- Today’s session will talk through some examples of how Facebook is making use of the analysis of unstructured data, often in ways that they were not originally intended for
Sometimes it can be a struggle to present analytics insights in a compelling way to business decision makers – and in a way they understand instantly. Data story-telling is data visualisations on steroids and can help to influence decisions.
Learn how to make your analytics insights uniquely valuable to c-suite and business decision makers in a time efficient way that also allows the data, analysis and modelling behind the scenes to continue. Then allow business decision makers to self-service insights within the parameters you define.
Join our panel of data experts and business leaders exploring the reality of data in business and how to overcome the challenges, including:
- Is it data we should value or the insights? or is that just semantics?
- Is data monetisation the only option to show value?
- How can we prove the value of data to those outside analytics?
- What’s the first step to show value?
Gain detailed insights into how to harness unstructured voice data to improve data models, gain richer insights for customer analytics and enhance cyber security efforts. In this technical session you’ll discover how to analyse and extract insight from contact centre voice data – in real-time or from the vast repository of recorded calls. This includes waveform analysis for emotion detection and sentiment analysis.
An overview of the outcomes of the 2017 Skills and Salary Survey
What does a workforce augmented by digital humans look like? This presentation tells the story of the creation of “Nadia” and a future view of a workforce augmented by digital humans, where analytics will shape empathetic natural interactions.
- Realising the value of data across federal agencies to benefit the public
- Developing better ways to find data scientists hidden in plain sight
- Why a data culture led from the top is essential for analytics and data science