About the Employer
Based in the Asia-Pacific Advisory Center as the Principal Data Scientist, this is a key leadership role within EY's Global Analytics Center of Excellence (COE). You'll enjoy working in multi-disciplinary teams and gaining valuable experience in various sectors and play a key role in ensuring high quality outputs and services to our clients.
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Data Scientist, the position is focused on the creation of analytics-based IP which may be sold and delivered to clients for their consumption of the analytics; or may be delivered to EY professionals for their consumption in performing their work.
It is expected that this IP will be embodied in technology solutions which may be developed internally or made available through acquisition of, or in partnership with, their parties.
- Negotiate requirements of solutions provided by business SMEs and client team with a view towards expanding the generality, across service lines and sectors, extensibility, scalability and maintainability of the envisioned solution.
- Assess requirements of stipulated business needs for analytic solutions against state of the art analytics methods and technologies and make decisions with respect to the appropriate methodologies, tools and technologies to enable the solution.
- effectively communicate solution design elements to developers, supervise and QA their work.
- Collaborate with business SMEs in the development of training and reference materials to ensure that solutions are utilized in the most effective and highest quality manner.
- Build awareness of the Data Sciences competency, and personal relationships, with account teams and Sector/Service Line leadership to facilitate effective participation n key pursuits.
- Participate with account teams, on designated key account pursuits, to supply expert guidance on both the availability and applicability of existing solutions; and to discover client needs which can be addressed with advanced analytics solutions not currently developed.
- mentor junior data scientists and advise client-facing analytic professionals engage in pursuits and delivery.
- Represent EY's Data Sciences competency to various internal and external audiences.
- Practical experience deploying advanced statistical and machine learning techniques for classification, prediction, recommendation, clustering and optimization in a commercial context.
- Experience with scalable big data based advanced analytics software, such as Apache Mahout or Oxdata H2O and with modern advanced analytics software such as R or Python.
- Detailed knowledge of how data and analytics solutions are implemented in existing programming languages and design patterns.
- Facility in the management and manipulation of large datasets, both structured and unstructured.
- Ability to lead technical teams comprising scientists, developers and business analysts.
- Ability to communicate technical matters clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, win supporters and spur people to action
- Accounting-trained and/or academically active professionals (as evidenced by publications or awards) will be viewed favourably.
- PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, computer Science, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 12 years in the market, designing and delivering services or solutions for which data modelling and analytics are a significant component
- Experience in the lifecycle of enterprise-class software development
- CAP (Certified Analytics Professional) preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A strong work ethic
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs; travel is estimated at 50%
About Contact Singapore
Contact Singapore is an alliance of the Singapore Economic Development Board and Ministry of Manpower.
We engage overseas Singaporeans and global talent to work, invest and live in Singapore.
Contact Singapore actively links Singapore-based employers with professionals to support the growth of our key industries. We work with investors to realise their business and investment interests in Singapore.
For information on working, investing and living in Singapore, please visit www.contactsingapore.sg or contact our worldwide offices.