About the Employer
SingTel is Asia's leading communications group, with a network of offices in 20 countries and territories across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. With over 130 years of experiences behind us, we take pride in our pas while constantly looking towards the future. So that is why we are transforming ourselves into a truly multimedia company, which provides lifestyle, social and business innovations that connects people to the experiences that matter to them.
About the role
SingTel Group Consumer is seeking a Data Scientist who is passionate in delivering business impact through analytics.
The ideal candidate should pride himself/herself as an intelligent and logical thinker, possess intense passion to pursue the impossible with data, and a business person at heart with an acute sense of change opportunities achievable with analytics.
- Minimum Master degree in a quantitative/mathematical discipline
- at least 5 years developing quantitative models and data analysis, with depth in a practice area in Applied Statistic/Mathematics, Operations Research, Robotics & Artificial Intelligence, or Big Data domains
- Possess strong business foundation to apply data science methodologies to business problems
- knowledge and hands-on experience in statistical/computational algorithms, optimization methods and statistical modelling. You will be required to use these analytic techniques to solve business problems, educate stakeholders and demonstrate analytics leadership
- Agile in working with both structured and unstructured data
- proven success in synthesizing data into actionable business insights
- excellent experience with data management and statistical languages / packages such as R, Python, Scala, Spark, Matlab
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Telecommunication industry experience is ideal
- Highly logical & systematic, team player, independent & fast learner
About Contact Singapore
Contact Singapore is an alliance of the Singapore Economic Development Board and Ministry of Manpower.
We engage overseas Singaporeans and global talent to work, invest and live in Singapore.
Contact Singapore actively links Singapore-based employers with professionals to support the growth of our key industries. We work with investors to realise their business and investment interests in Singapore.
For information on working, investing and living in Singapore, please visit www.contactsingapore.sg or contact our worldwide offices.